Today, website builder Squarespace announced the highly anticipated Squarespace Commerce. We have heard rumours about Squarespace Commerce for some time now.
In their blog announcement Founder and CEO Anthony Casalena said “[ecommerce has been] the number one most requested feature across the platform for half a decade.”
About Squarespace Commerce
- Squarespace Commerce will work with every Squarespace template.
- You can sell digital and physical goods.
- Their only payment gateway right now is Stripe.
- Their variant settings make it clear it will be best for smaller stores with less inventory (<200 SKUs).
- Squarespace Commerce is included in the normal Squarespace ‘Business Plan’ which costs $30/month.
- There will be no transaction fees.
- Coupons, taxes and shipping will likely be fairly lightweight, at least for now.
We’re excited to get our hands dirty with this new ecommerce platform.